Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 - Busy year!

2009 is going to be the busiest year in my life abroad so far! My career has progressed into several areas which I have never thought of. How ever there is no major shift from my basic profession - Project management. Even the operational domain also remained the same - Process Industry.

Dec 2008 - March 2009 : Project control & reporting system implementation + Shutdown planning for worlds largest LNG plant at Ras Laffan , Qatar.

March 2009 - September 2009 : Project managing the detailed engineering ,budgeting and legal approval process for a green field chemical blending plant project for a US oil & gas service products major. This was a quite interesting project of managing several technical consultants located at UK, Dubai & Qatar on engineering and commercial aspects. Advance design interfaces management and coordination of virtual teams were the outstanding features of this project, since engineering scope was split between various consultants located in different countries.

October 2009 - Ongoing : Operations manager responsible for the long term maintenance /plant upgradation contract with worlds first commercial Gas to Liquid (GTL) plant at Qatar.

As you can see, the three assignments are quite challenging and different from each other. I have learned and still learning a lot of new things.I will share my experiences and lessons learnt which may benefit my readers in my forthcoming articles.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I am Yousuf Siddiqui and I provide coaching to leaders and organizations.
    I refer to my work as Business Performance Coaching. I increase my clients' effectiveness by thinking through their most burning issues with them and creating plans to get tangible, measurable and specific results.

    I want to connect with you and follow you on your blog. I hope to learn from you and exchange thoughts with you.

    Thanks,
    Yousuf Siddiqui,
    http://www.growthatwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sreejith..i am a regular visitor to ur blog though there were no new posts from long time and today i felt happy to see ur newest post. It seems you r too busy in ur work but i feel you can still take out sometime and enlighten us with your words and wisdom. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Known widely across the Middle East for its exceptionally smooth flavor and thick smoke, LayLayalina is the newest addition to our shisha tobacco selection. alina will be sure to tickle your taste buds!

    http://www.maharajahookah.com/layalina-hookah-tobacco/cat_19.html
    http://www.maharajahookah.com/layalina-hookah-tobacco/golden-layalina-california-dream-flavor/prod_365.html

    Layalina Hookah Tobacco
    Golden Layalina California Dream Flavor

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments here. I read them personally and reply , if needed.